The sports team operate from the firm’s London, Paris and Madrid offices. The team regularly work with FA intermediaries, English Premier League players, top level managers and leading European clubs in relation to contentious and non-contentious issues, players’ contracts, transfers and disciplinary matters.
We have extensive experience in dealing with the detailed negotiations necessary in player transfers and playing contract renegotiations at the very highest level.
We were previously FA Registered Lawyers prior to FIFA’s Intermediaries regulations commencing April 2015 and have therefore had experience providing the services of an agent to players, managers and clubs in England.
Our multi-disciplinary sports team have the ability and a proven track record of successfully negotiating deals and litigating problems for our clients.
We bring a focused understanding of the business element of football to our clients. We put practical solutions into place whenever required. We also advise on media relations and have close contacts with crisis management and media handling companies.
The team regularly undertake the following services to intermediaries, clubs, players and managers:
Thomas Cooper act in £24 million transfer of Morgan Schneiderlin from Manchester United to Everton
Players and Managers
- General representation providing a full range of services
- Negotiating, drafting and advising on playing contracts and employment contracts for managers
- Advising on contractual disputes and disciplinary issues with clubs
- Negotiating, drafting and advising on sponsorship issues and contracts
- Drafting representation agreements and regulatory documentation
- General advice on contract terms
- Negotiating and drafting contracts in relation to image rights
- Advising on and obtaining professional injury insurance
- Advising players on insurance and claims issues following injury
- General private client issues:
- Preparation of Wills
- Tax and investment
- Sale and purchase of property
- Family related disputes
- Wealth Management
- Advertising of players available for transfer within the UK and overseas
- Drafting Representation Agreements and regulatory documentation
- Negotiating contracts relating to players, Intermediaries and corporate business
- Litigation and dispute resolution including those relating to player disciplinary issues, transfers and player contracts
- Representation at hearings before the FA
- Representation at hearings before the FIFA Dispute Resolution Chamber and the Court of Arbitration for Sport
- Handing complaints to FIFA's Player's Status Committee and Disciplinary Committee
- Advising Clubs on insurance issues following player injury
- Advising on sports regulatory matters
- Advising on media and public relations issues
- Advising on media, sports and intellectual property rights
- Advising on corporate restructuring, shareholder transactions and disputes and property acquisitions and sales
- Advising on immigration issues for sports professionals.